November 15, 2011

Day 3 Summary: I haven't seen this much traffic since...yesterday

Our third day ended in the city/town of Gainesville, Virginia, with a visit to a friend we had never met but felt we knew. Peggy is a below knee amputee who writes a blog about her life, her family and especially raising her now 5 year old son, Robbie. Mrsfabp has been reading her blog for a couple of years and I picked it up a couple of months later. I enjoy it because it offers a unique perspective on amputation, on raising a family and on everyday life.

Peggy welcomed us I to hr home and made us feel comfortable. We talked for hours bout this and that and I really left today feeling better about myself, my situation  and my life. There really is no way to thank her for al, her encouraging words, her support and kindness. To Peggy, her husband Scott and son Robbie, I offer my thanks. I feel privileged to have met her, to have talked with her and to have her be a part of my life. Much thanks


--
MASS Exodus: From Here to Serenity / "The Car, Cat and Clothes Tour"
Good friends, good food, good times!
The dream of Las Cruces, New Mexico is becoming a reality !
 

No comments: