February 13, 2011

Better than winning the Lottery !!!

What happened to CollegeBoy and me yesterday, was as good as winning one of those Megabucks Lotteries, without the hassle of spending the prize money, and dealing with all the new found relatives, friends and hangers on. We won the Seth Curry Saves Duke Pick Six Contest!

For those who may not follow this blog, I have mentioned Seth Curry Saves Duke (SCSD) several times, including this post where I talked about some of my favorite blogs and mentioned this one and provided a link. This blog is written by Shane Ryan, about the Duke Blue Devils and New York Yankees, and gives a fan’s fan perspective about two of the most hated teams in sports history. CollegeBoy got me reading it because I am a fan of those two teams, because Shane does include other sports related commentary and because he also writes occasionally about the Giants, another favorite team.

So, Shane starts a contest called “The Pick Six” where six people/teams predict 6 sporting events weekly for 6 weeks. CollegeBoy and I figured we could do well in the contest and put our name in and were chosen to participate in the third series of the Pick Six. Each series will advance to a final Pick Six Championship after six rounds of the game. Well we came back from a dismal week five to win and will be carting home the Pick Six trophy to proudly display!

The best part about this adventure was establishing relationships with some like-minded, rant spewing, fan fanatics, who enjoy the camaraderie that sports provides us. CollegeBoy and I enjoyed it very much and look forward to continued commentary on the SCSD blog about the Pick Six and sports in general.

I made a promise that I would tell the people of SCSD about how I got the nickname, T Fap P, The Fabulous Penguin and will do so in a blog post early this week, as soon as I am finished basking in the glory of our Pick Six victory!

No comments: