February 25, 2011

Please do not run over the penguins…

So, I was reading some blogs yesterday and came across this sign from Table Mountain National Park



After chuckling a bit, I thought I would find out more about that national park. I found that it is in South Africa and is home to some tropical penguins. What a concept! Tropical! You can see them here in a picture on a beach. If you look very, VERY closely, you can actually see their little swimming trunks and cool sunglasses.



I was wondering how to deal with the issue of my moniker and impending move to New Mexico. I mean, a penguin fleeing the snow and ice of New England. Seriously? Well now I know. The Fabulous Penguin is a South African Penguin, Spheniscus demersus, also known as the Black-footed Penguin.
This eases my mind a great deal.


(Not the Fabulous Penguin, but an incredible facsimile !!)

No comments: