December 7, 2010

A few internet laughs...

I have occasionally talked about favorite websites in this blog and thought that in the spirit of the holiday season I would mention a few that bring a chuckle every once in a while. So without further ado…

Fail Blog: anyone who is at least somewhat familiar with the internet knows the meme “Fail.” The urban dictionary defines it as “either an interjection used when one disapproves of something, or a verb meaning approximately the same thing as the slang form of suck. The Glorious lack of success.” This website is a great compilation of pictures and short (45 seconds or so) videos of failures to thrive. Most bring a smile to my face and occasionally I just laugh out loud at the “stupidity” of the people involved. is high on my daily must look at list and no day seems off to a good start until I have checked out the latest delivery of “FAIL.” If you use an RSS reader, you can expect 12-15 posts each day. I can usually check out 10 in under 5 minutes, well worth the time investment for a bunch of laughs.

I Love Charts: This is a wonderful site that takes a look at life as we know it in the form of a chart. The creators say that this is “By people who love charts for people who love charts” and they deliver time and time again. For example I give you this chart about Thanksgiving Dinner that made me smile as I interpreted it.



I actually submitted several charts that got published
This one -



And this one





And this one



Anyone can create and submit a chart that reflects an experience in their life that a chart can help explain. You can go to graphjam.com to create and save a chart very easily and then submit it to I Love Charts right on their page.

I am a proud member of the I Love Chart nation. You can expect 4-6 posts a day, again, very easy to spend just a couple of minutes with and end with a smile. Check it out here!

Very Demotivational: Everyone is familiar with the series of mock motivational posters that had become an internet sensation a few years ago. Well this website takes this meme a bit further, offering creative demotivational posters and offering poster comments on them. Most make me smile and again, some make me laugh out loud. You get 5-8 every day and most are just tremendous. Website is here



Damn You Autotcorrect: If you use a phone to text and your phone has a T9 feature, you have seen the havoc it can reap on your messages by changing words. Well this site, recommended by MillieJupiter to me, shows a flood of these type corrections, often to hilarious surprise at what was sent. My only issue is that in any give day you can get 25 or so examples and they take a while to get through. I just wish they were ranked so I could skim through just some of the best. It is worth a look at though and you can find it here.

No comments: