December 17, 2010

A Little Bit of Excitement

CollegeBoy turned me onto Google reader and the wonderful world of RSS feeds a couple of years ago. He is always coming up with websites and blogs for me to look at. One of those sites was a blog called “Seth Curry Saves Duke”> Written by someone not named Seth Curry, it is a fans blog about mostly three teams – NY Yankees baseball, occasionally NY Giants football and Duke University College Sports, most specifically Duke basketball. This happens to be some of my very favorite teams and after reading a couple of entries I was hooked. It is a fan’s fan account of the goings on in the sports world, told with the fanaticism only a college student could muster. And it was funny. So for the last year or more, I have been a SCSD fan.

A few months ago the writer, mentioned doing a contest called “Pick Six” where six teams pick six sports winners for six weeks with the top two advancing to the next round with four new challengers. I enthusiastically sent in an email asking to be a part but alas, they were already full. However CollegeBoy independently had made contact and was working his way into the third round. Being his father, “I am your father!” I wormed my way onto his “team” to make a go of this. We recently heard that we are IN! The second round finished this past weekend and then the next round begins this week.

CollegeBoy and I collaborated on an opening statement to tell the millions of SCSD readers who we are and give them a taste of what they are about to experience. Following is the write up we did. I will provide links to the website whenever we are mentioned and also provide some insight to the picking and writing process that we engage in. Wish us luck!

Our SCSD introduction to the blogging world…
Our statement is about 2/3 down the page under the heading Dylan and Patrick...

No comments: