May 8, 2011

What does this mean???

Look, I think of myself as being pretty internet savvy. What I have not learned for myself, from years of trolling the ‘tubes, I have gotten lessons from 2 savvy social media consultants, my kids. So, I always find myself up on the latest internet stories, hoaxes and memes. Rarely does someone say to me, “Hey did you see this on the internet?” with my response being “No, I have not.” I look at Reddit every day, Digg, even Fark sometimes, have an RSS feeder with perhaps 40 blogs and news sources like “Chicks Dig the Fastball” and “The Zees Go West” (for my Las Cruces fix), the Atlantic and Digital Trends and The Daily Beast and Freakonomics. Hell, my son is part of a YouTube video that has 10K views in a week. I am up to date, I am connected, I am hip.

But I missed this one.

Look, I don’t giggle to much at baby videos, or dumb kids falling while skateboarding videos or kids getting hit in the groin videos but show me an animal video and you got my attention. Show me a buffalo charging someone in a national park, I laugh. Show me a kitty catching a bird in mid flight, I guffaw. Show me a bunch of baby ducks getting blown around on a street, or a flock of geese walking down a street, and I get the uncontrolled LOL, tears in my eyes, laughfest. Sorry that’s just who I am.

So yesterday, after seeing a short clip of a video a man did a where he made his dog “talk” on Ray William Johnsons YouTube channel “= 3” my interest level was raised to Defcon 3. I searched for the original and found it and spent a good ten minutes laughing about it. It’s silly and dumb and I love it. I love it because it is creative and such an easy idea to come up with but I think harder to write and create.

If you have a couple of minutes, check this video out. http://www.youtube.com/user/klaatu42 This is the sort of thing I envision our friends Bill and Clair do with their menagerie of pets – dogs and cats and now chickens, talking with them and them talking back to them.

So, what does this mean? Am I getting senile in my old age? Am I losing my grip on reality? I think I am scaring myself…

1 comment:

BZ said...

dogs and cats make their needs known pretty well. it's when you understand what the chickens are saying.........