July 6, 2012

Volunteering


I must admit I have been driving Mrsfabp a bit crazy always being around. She needs her space and I am learning that. Thus she “encouraged” me to find something meaningful to do. We were at the Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park having an impromptu picnic when I saw signs that they were looking for volunteers to help out at the park. A couple of forms, a brief conversation or two and I am their newest volunteer.

It’s not a very busy park, but they need people to run the visitors center, fill the fountain and hummingbird feeders and answer the phone. I can do all that and more. During quiet moments, I take out my camera and snap a few pictures off. I will post a couple of them here.



The state park also has a Friend’s group. They have done some work to provide activities for the park and fund some things like a summer nature camp. It seemed like a natural progression to that group from being a volunteer so I did that too. They have some web stuff that is in dire need of updating and more frequent posting and a newsletter that also needs some consistency so I am going to do both of those things too. I will post more information about their Facebook page on Facebook and ask that if you do Facebook, you will “like” the page. You will get to see some very nice pictures and even if you are not from this area, will get a feel for the park and its mission. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Padre is curious if there is camping at the park... He's planning on getting a new camper and wants to visit....

T Fab P said...

Jen, no camping at the Bosque here BUT there is at Leasburg, nice one, somewhat handicapped accessible, and that is only 12 miles from here.....