April 14, 2010

A few things I want to do after we move to LCNM

As we move closer and closer to livin’ the dream, I’ve started a list of the things I want to do soon after getting to New Mexico. Some will have to wait a while due to the season, but all are on my radar. So with no fanfare, just simple wishful thinking, here they are:

-go into the desert after a rain to smell the air; I understand it is sweet and unique
-go to some NMSU basketball games
-take the Rail Runner to Albuquerque and Santa Fe
-watch the desert sunset with a nice glass of wine (did it with beer already, want a changeup…)
-try some other NM wines; my friend Maqz thinks they can’t be too good because it is so dry there. I’m out to prove him wrong or get tipsy trying…
-expand my beer making dynasty by adding a new beer to the Blue Canary Cream Ale we make already; another cream ale perhaps, a different ale, a lager…who knows?
-be around for a chile roasting day; I have done some of my own on such a small scale, I want to see it done in the giant cylinder roasters
-get a small freezer to store all the green chilies we are going to buy; plan to save a small space in it for Caliches (see The Great SouthWest Passage aka Chronicles of Las Cruces: Part 12 - "Ending on a sweet, sweet note…”)
-try some different green chile foods – like GC spring rolls, GC meatballs. I plan to work on a recipe for GC meatballs and a GC Meatloaf…my friend Bill in LCNM was talking about hot chile powder on frozen custard. Wow, could be the best of both worlds – green chile topped Caliches…
-see another road runner
-feeding birds
-walk the Farmer’s market to buy Christmas presents.
-go to some NMSU baseball games
-go ATVing in the desert
-feeding humingbirds

MORE TO FOLLOW WHEN THE MOOD HITS

4 comments:

clairz said...

We raised a toast (in lemonade) at Caliche's the other day--"To our absent friends!" and thought how much the two of you would enjoy being there, sitting in the shade and eating hot dogs.

Last night there were clouds over the mountains--stars over our roof--and I watched the lightning up there in the dark for the longest time.

No rain lately but everything smells wonderful when they irrigate the fields--the smell of water and wet soil is always a head-turner when you live in the desert!

They flooded the orchards all around us last week when we were away and Bucksnort said it was like being on an island--little flocks of ducks swimming all around the place. BUT just so you don't think it's complete heaven, that irrigation brought out the blooms on the pecan trees, so it's allergy time AGAIN!!

naveed ahmad khan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maqz said...

You said basketball twice - really?

T Fab P said...

Maqz, you are such a fine noticer of the written word, I can see where you might be confused - read again - one is basketball, the other is baseball...